Saturday, September 13, 2014

Modern Scrappy Triangle String Block

I am making 16 of these scrappy triangle string blocks.  I saw the tutorial  here and here . If you want to try making these I’ve included a few easy steps.


I like to cut my strips between 2 to 3 inches wide. 
100_1130
Sew enough strips together to get about a 13 x 13 inch block. You will need two of these.
100_1128
Press strips and trim to  12.5 x 12.5 blocks
100_1135
Place right sides together and pin strips together with one strip running horizontally and the other running vertically.
100_1138
Sew a scant 1/4 seam allowance around the entire block.
100_1139
Cut blocks  twice on the diagonal corner to corner.  You will have 4 smaller blocks now.

100_1143


Decide which way you want to arrange your blocks and sew together. This
 makes a lovely block.  I plan to frame each of my blocks with a 2 to 3 inch strip of a neutral color fabric. Remember since you are cutting your squares on the diagonal you will get some bias distortion. Spraying the block with a little starch when you press helps. 
My finished block. 
100_1361

   
Have a wonderful week.
Peace, love, and art,
Angela

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?



    Feel free to surf to my web site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcULvD638S4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for stopping by my blog and for the comment.

      Delete

Angelaathome appreciates you comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...